“I strive to achieve the “extraordinary” through my passion and innovation, and I am committed to developing business models that foster economic, social, and environmental successes.”
Since April 2018 – exploring new market opportunities, and developing new market benchmarks
- Created “Orbit2 transformation LLC” to promote procurement digital transformation
- Completed a certification in digital transformation
- Spoke in conferences and wrote several market position papers
- Invited to join market research boards
- Became strategic advisor for Velocity Procurement
2016 to 2018: Nokia USA, NJ
- Lead Global 2020 Digitalization and Tools and Process Program reporting into Operations/Procurement
- Managed the Procurement Integration management between Alcatel-Lucent and Nokia
2016: Nokia acquired Alcatel-Lucent
2010 to 2016 Alcatel-Lucent Procurement
- Global Operations Leader
- US country leader and Global Leader for Real Estate procurement
- Indirect Spend leader North and South America
2009 to 2010
- Founder and Managing Director of Orbit – Procurement Solutions
2007 to 2009
- Chemtura –VP Procurement – Global Polymer BU – specialty chemicals
- Dec. 2008 – Chemtura filed Chapter 11 during 2008 crisis
2005 to 2007
2000 to 2004
- Several business, strategic planning
and product management leadership roles.
(in USA, South Korea, Morocco, France )
- Rhône-Poulenc spun off in 2000 to become Aventis( now Sanofi) and Rhodia (speciality chemicals)
UNIVERSITE DAUPHINE (MSTCF) – PARIS IX, FRANCE
Degree in Accounting and in Finance (4 years college) – (Maitrise des Sciences Techniques Comptables et Financieres)
UNIVERSITE PANTHEON – ASSAS – PARIS II, FRANCE
Law school (Maitrise des Droits des Affaires)
Corporate training programs sponsored by NOKIA and ALU
Internal management development Program, with INSEAD, Paris
Quality, 6 sigma (green), Compliance, Anti bribery, Change management, Agile.
Certifications with MIT
MIT SLOAN – Supply Chain principles
Emeritus (MIT sponsored) Digital Transformation with Platforms.
Published Works by Tomas Wiemer
Preparing for the New Digital Reality - Procurement 4.0 transformation (PPT)
White Paper - brochure
Digital Transformation 2018
Video - Why Digital Transformation ?
published by “The Source edition 6 “ UK revue - 2018
What our clients say
Tomas Wiemer has extensive experience in Global Direct & Indirect Procurement category management, in Digital transformation strategy and in integrating companies following merger and acquisitions.
He held leadership positions in numerous industries including specialty chemicals, flavor and fragrances and most recently in telecommunication.
The focus on continuous improvement in procurement and digital transformation is a natural result of Mr. Wiemer’s broad international experience, having worked with major corporations in constant changing environments, that have included Rhone-Poulenc (now Sanofi), Rhodia (now Solvay), Chemtura (now Lanxess), Firmenich, Alcatel-Lucent which then merged with Nokia.
Mr. Wiemer readily adapts to new cultural environments, having grown up in West Africa with German parents, attended college in Paris, and executing assignments throughout France, Morocco, and South Korea before arriving in the United States.
Mr. Wiemer holds a Business Law degree and a degree in Finance. He currently resides in New Vernon, New Jersey with his family.